Earth Trust is delighted to welcome back The HandleBards, the world’s first cycling theatre company! The HandleBards pedal from venue to venue, with all the set, props and costume necessary to perform environmentally sustainable Shakespeare across the globe.
You can enjoy two performances this summer: the all-female troupe’s performance of The Tempest on Friday 5th July, follows the all-male troupe’s visit on Thursday 27th June to perform their version of Much Ado About Nothing.
Join the girls in the beautiful gardens of the Earth Trust Centre, at the foot of the Wittenham Clumps, for a production of Shakespeare’s ‘The Tempest’ like no other – filled with magic, musicality and Shakespearean mayhem!
Bring a picnic and settle down for an evening of “gloriously eccentric” bicycle-powered outdoor theatre. Light refreshments will be available.
The story… a shipwreck washes the court of Milan up onto a mysterious desert island, inhabited by magicians, sprites and monsters, where nothing is as it seems.
- A limited number of earlybird tickets will available on our website until Sunday 5th May (subject to availability) at a discounted rate. Tickets will then be on sale at the standard price until the day of the performance. If any tickets remain, these will be available on the door but please check with us before you travel to avoid disappointment.
- Children tickets are for those aged 10-17 years. Children under 10 are free of charge, but a ticket will still need to be booked.
- There are no physical tickets for this event, and you do not need to bring your email confirmation with you.
- Dogs are not permitted at this event and shouldn’t be left in cars (guide and assistance dogs are welcome).
- Please bring a picnic blanket or your own chairs to sit on. Please do not bring umbrellas as these can obstruct the views of others, but do dress for the weather.