Earth Trust is delighted to welcome back The HandleBards, the world’s first cycling theatre company! The HandleBards pedal from venue to venue, with all the set, props and costume necessary to perform environmentally sustainable Shakespeare across the globe.
You can enjoy two performances this summer, starting with the all-male troupe’s performance of Much Ado About Nothing on Thursday 27th June. The all-female troupe will then be visiting on Friday 5th July to perform their version of The Tempest.
Join the boys in the beautiful gardens of the Earth Trust Centre, at the foot of the Wittenham Clumps, for a production of Shakespeare’s ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ like no other – filled with mayhem and cross-dressing a plenty!
Bring a picnic and settle down for an evening of “gloriously eccentric” bicycle-powered outdoor theatre. Light refreshments will be available.
The story… a group of soldiers return from the war to a household in Messina, causing the kindling of new love interests and the re-kindling of old rivalries. The parallel love stories of Beatrice, Benedick, Claudio and Hero become entangled with plotting, frivolity and melodrama in Shakespeare’s famous comedy.
Please note that online ticket sales will close at approximately 4pm on Thursday 27th June (subject to availability). If you’re trying to purchase tickets after this time, they will be available to purchase on the gate, should any tickets remain (please call the office on 01865 407792 before travelling to check if tickets are available to avoid disappointment).
- PLEASE NOTE: Earlybird tickets have now sold out. Tickets are now available at the standard price until the day of the performance. If any tickets remain, these will be available on the door but please check with us before to avoid disappointment.
- Children tickets are for those aged 10-17 years. Children under 10 are free of charge, but a ticket will still need to be booked.
- There are no physical tickets for this event, and you do not need to bring your email confirmation with you.
- Dogs are not permitted at this event and shouldn’t be left in cars (guide and assistance dogs are welcome).
- Please bring a picnic blanket or your own chairs to sit on. Please do not bring umbrellas as these can obstruct the views of others, but do dress for the weather!