Ancient Homes: What did Iron Age homes look like?
Archaeologists have discovered the remains of a busy Iron Age village near the famous Iron Age hillfort at Wittenham Clumps. Who lived here? What were their homes like? And how do archaeologists uncover the evidence to figure it out? DigVentures are here to show you!
In this live family friendly online event, you will get to:
- Learn what Iron Age homes were like
- Meet the archaeologists who discovered the Iron Age village
- See archaeologists digging on the site
- See some of the artefacts we found
- Find out why Earth Trust is building a replica Iron Age house
- Ask questions!
- Download an interactive activity that you can try at home
Find out more and book:
Thursday 18th February 2021, 11am – 12 noon (availability: tickets for the recorded event only)
Thursday 18th February 2021, 3pm – 4pm – new time added due to demand (availability: live tickets and recordings)
Age Guide: Designed for families with children aged 8-12
If you’d like to watch but can’t make the live event, you can also register to get access to the recording.